Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kitchen Tips

I would like to share with you my very best kitchen tip.

Before beginning any meal preparation, always fill the sink with hot, soapy water - yes, even if you have a dishwasher! You can rinse your hands off quickly, wash a bowl or utensil if you need it again, and put cooking equipment in to soak until clean-up time. I'm sure nobody ever thought of this except me. :) 

Also, here is an organizing idea I use in my kitchen for my spices.  I place them in alphbetical order in plastic trays (the kind that are usually used in drawers, but any will do).
Then I use my trusty labler to put labels on the top so that when I take them off the shelf I can see immediately what is in each container.When I empty a container, the label peels off easily and usually has enough stickum to use on the new spice top.
Here is my labeler.  I really like it - use it for all kinds   of things.  Of course, any label method will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions and Comments Always Welcome