Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Back to Blogging (and Dieting)

Well, my guest has left, and we had a great time talking and going places.  Of course, I did not want to take the time away from her to blog, but I did miss it.  Here I am again!

This week I am starting on a 1400 calorie diet in order to remove about 20 excess pounds.  I have done this before (quite a while ago) with success, but those 20 pounds always come back.  Maintenance is a problem, and I need to figure out a way to handle this.  My target weight is 159 lbs. which is acceptable for my age and height.

My neighbor, whom I walked with every morning, has gone up to the NC mountains for the summer, so I have played hooky from walking the past couple of weeks. I really did not lose any weight while walking, but it seems that I have put on a pound or two since I haven't been doing it - so maybe it did help.  I got out and walked this morning, and it was not so bad walking alone.  I used my new iPod for music, but then decided that I like to listen to the birds instead.

In preparation for dieting I have been doing some research on the computer for websites that might be useful. My NetDiary is a free online food diary, although you can upgrade it for a fee.  However, the free part is sufficient for me.  It is fairly simple to use and helps calculate the number of calories and grams of fat, carbs, and protein in foods that I eat. Of, course, paper, pencil, and a calorie counting book would work just as well if not quicker - but it's not as much fun as a computer program. :-)

Another helpful site that I am using is Calorie Count. It allows me to copy my recipes into the calorie calculator to get a total calorie count for the recipe.  There is also a lot of good information on this site.

I don't know why sometimes I simply cannot muster the willpower to diet, and sometimes I can.  Blogging about it may help me. Wish me luck!  And if anybody has any good low calorie recipes and suggestions for tips that have worked for them, I would greatly appreciate them.

Diet Day 3:  Wt. 180.2 lbs  Walked 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions and Comments Always Welcome